Procrastination brought me here today. Blog page created last October – today is the first entry.
Tomorrow will be the completion of my 59th year of life. 365 days until the big six-o. Why now? Who knows! I spend far too much time thinking about what I’m going to do. I have some really great ideas – I have ZERO follow through.
That was until November 19, 2013 when I smoked my last cigarette. That was until late January when I joined a gym and hired a trainer. That was until I realized this weekend that I already had a word press page….
Then to overcome the “who cares what I have to say”, you know, that thing that keeps you frozen in place. What do I have to say? Let’s see.
- Guess I could talk about a life as an adoptee. For those who don’t know what that is, it is a part of the adoption triad (triangle). It’s the top – pointy tip – of the triangle. An adoptee is the person who was adopted. The bottom two corners are for the birth parent(s) and adoptive parent(s). It encompasses all of my life and has been part of the biggest stall in my growth through the years as well as the catalyst for the largest growth.
- The journey of going from a two-pack a day, 40-year addiction to a NON-smoker. What a journey it has been. I left updates on my Facebook page along the way and ended up with over 60 people who followed this life change. I chose to go cold turkey. No patches, e-cigs or vaping for me.
- Women. Great subject. Why don’t we support each other more? Why are we so critical of ourselves and each other? Why haven’t baby boomers been taught how to age?
- Bullying and its long term effects. How it makes you feel doesn’t stop because you: a) changed schools; b) graduated; c) moved to a new neighborhood; d) became an adult.
- Anxiety, panic attacks and other “mental” health issues
Guess I came up with a few conversations starters, and have completed my first post/blog. Wow. I actually did it.